Leveraging Technology to Overcome the Capacity Crunch
The term “capacity crunch” is well-known amongst trucking, transportation, and logistics professionals. It describes the situation where there are simply not enough trucks, drivers, and hours to move all the freight that needs to be moved. There simply isn’t enough capacity.
Although the term is common to some, the impact goes far beyond trucking and transportation. After all, trucks haul cars, toys, food, chemicals, lumber, and every other product manufactured or purchased by a consumer or other business.
The truth is that while it may be the pros in logistics who try to mitigate its impact, the capacity crunch affects all of us.
Recently, our Co-Founder Eric Weidl sat down with Greg Braun, VP of C3 Solutions for a webinar on the capacity crunch and the application of technology to the problem.
In this webinar, moderated by Emily Atkins, editor of Inside Logistics, Greg and Eric share and discuss these questions:
- Do you think the current capacity crisis is just part of a regular cycle that will resolve itself?
- What does it mean to be a Shipper of Choice?
- What are some of the issues drivers and shippers consider or mean when they are thinking about “Shipper of choice”?
- If a shipper only had the means to do 1 or 2 initiatives towards becoming a shipper of choice, what would you recommend?
- How can a shipper leverage technology to become a “Shipper of choice”?
We invite you to watch the webinar on-demand. There is no charge for the webinar.
- On October 29, 2018
- 0 Comments